Hey everyone! Ok, I have done this Meme in a LONG TIME, maybe since March? So yeah, I thought I should get back into memes, and I do love this one a lot, and saw this week's Q and it looks like a great one, so I can wait to see what you have to write about my post & I look forward checking out and of course following others :)
Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.
Q: Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.
Ok, I love this question! I'm not looking to be a teacher, but a lot of books on this list, are mostly ones I would have liked to have read in school, and there are ones that would just be fun to add :)
- Rebecca By: Daphne du Maurier (I love mystery and I'm a Hitchcock fan, so this is a must!)
- Gone With The Wind By: Margaret Mitchell (I'm a fan of both the book and film)
- East Of Eden By: John Steinbeck (I'm not a Steinbeck fan, and every year in High School except senior year, we had to read one, and surprisingly I actually liked this one. I wish the film though concentrated on more of the beginning of the story including to when the brothers are growing up)
- Jane Eyre By: Charlotte Bronte (This is such a great book)
- Sense And Sensibility By: Jane Austen (This is my favorite Austen book)
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower By: Stephen Chbosky
- Short Stories/Poems from Flannery O'Connor, Wordsworth, Eliot, Plath, Blake, Coleridge, Wordsworth & Lord Byron. (Yeah, I love the British Poets. Thank you Brit Lit. Class)
Big Essay Due towards the end of the Year Topic: (Yup, I'm definitely having fun here.)